The Eyes on Animals trainings for the highway police are made up of two components:
- The theoretical component consists of a Power Point presentation covering all aspects of the EU animal-protection-during-transport legislation, and a multiple-choice test followed by an open question and answer period. Duration: 2.5 hours
- The practical component (2-4 hours) is optional but highly recommended. A control point is set up along the road or highway and all livestock trucks are stopped. Together we put our knowledge gained during the theoretical component of the training into action, by checking all aspects of the truck, the animal document and the conditions for the animals on board. Duration: 2-4 hours
- Material: Each police officer is given an Eyes on Animals training manual covering all requirements of the EU animal-protection-during-transport legislation. Our trainers bring their own laptop and projector, but ask that the police organize a room and screen for the theoretical component of the training, and ladder, control point and transport for the practical component.
- Maximum number of participants: 40
- Language: our trainings are offered in Dutch, French, English and German. Translators can be organized for other languages if necessary.
- Cost: variable and to be negotiated.
To request a training, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org