- September 18, 2017: BBC broadcasts a documentary about the export of live animals to Turkey with clips made by Eyes on Animals and Animal Welfare Foundation of showing the slaughter conditions for these animals once they arrive in Turkey. Watch HERE.
- July 28, 2017: EénVandaag, a popular Dutch television show, interviews Eyes on Animals about the major barn fire in Erichem (NL) where 24,000 pigs died. Click HERE to watch it.
- June 02, 2017: Hart van Nederland, a popular TV show reporting on news pertinent to the Netherlands, interviews an Eyes on Animals inspector who discovered many dead baby goats among ones still alive at a goat-fattening farm in Brabant, Netherlands. Click HERE to watch the TV report.
- April 03, 2017: The Dutch consumer program RADAR (with 1,7 million viewers) covers Eyes on Animals’ and TSB|AWF’s investigation into the on-going mistreatment of horses in South America that end up in meat-snack here in The Netherlands. Watch it HERE.
- March 31, 2017: PAUW, the Dutch late-night talk show, invites MAdelaine Looije from Eyes on Animals to discuss, together with a butcher and an author, the issue of meat-eating and what the conditions are like inside Dutch slaughterhouses. Watch it HERE.
- February 28, 2017: France 5 television (France) broadcasted a 70-minute documentary about the meat industry and the animal-welfare problems in the meat industry. The journalists joined a team of Eyes on Animals and TSB|AWF to make part of this documetary. Click HERE.
- November 30, 2016: Ozone Network TV broadcasted a 45-minute documentary about our investigations of the export of cattle and sheep from Europe to Turkey and interviewed our inspector Levente Pencz about the situation. Watch the video HERE.
- October 18, 2016: Arte Fox Pop, A French TV show, broadcasted an item about the serious animal-welfare problems we witness during export of live animals from Europe to Turkey. Click HERE.
- October 18, 2016: RTV Drenthe news broadcasts a piece on Zuidlaren’s yearly horse markets and the improvements but also on-going serious problems. Brief interview with Eyes on Animals too. Click HERE.
- August 28, 2016: Europamagazine, a German news show, broadcasted our work at exposing the horrible conditions animals are exposed to when exported from Europe to Turkey and our efforts at lobbying the authorities to take action. Click HERE.
- August 26, 2016: Omroep Brabant, a Dutch television show, reports on Eyes on Animals’ inspections of pig trucks arriving at Vion slaughterhouse in Boxtel during a heat wave and the need for better enforcement to prevent animals from suffering from heat-stress. Click HERE.
- August 25, 2016: Omroep Brabant, a Dutch television show, reports on Eyes on Animals’ first day of inspecting pig trucks arriving during a heat wave to Vion slaughterhouse in Boxtel. Click HERE to watch it.
- August 1, 2016: The Swedish national news show “SVT” broadcasted a lengthy report on the horrendous conditions for animals that Eyes on Animals and TSB|AWF documented at the EU/Turkey border: HERE.
- April 2016: Dr. Donald Broom, animal-welfare scientist from Cambridge and Lesley Moffat and Madelaine Looije, director and inspector from Eyes on Animals, were interviewed on Idea Tank. Topics covered were pig slaughter and alternatives to CO2 stunning, livestock transport, Ritual slaughter and dairy farming. Check out HERE.
- March 01, 2016: Two of our inspectors were interviewed by Bulgarian television about our five-years documentation on export to Turkey. Also, footage of abuses at the Turkish-Bulgarian border was shown. Click HERE.
- February 18, 2016: Our Bulgarian Inspector Alina was interviewed on a popular Bulgarian TV show ‘Gospodari na efira’. The footage of animal-suffering on EU trucks waiting at the Bulgarian/Turkish border was shown to a wide public there. Click HERE to watch the show.
- October 26, 2015: A documentary was shown on prime time television in Finland on welfare problems occuring during slaughter. The aversive effects of CO2 gas on pigs was analysed and Eyes on Animals footage showing this was broadcasted, as of minute 23 in the Finnish TV show. Click HERE.
- October 21, 2015: Hart van Nederland, a popular daily news show, broadcasts footage taken by Eyes on Animals and PeipVandaag of the Zuidlaren horse market and interviews Eyes on Animals horse-inspector Ingrid Ramaan. Click HERE.
- October 20, 2015: Aggressive treatment of Eyes on Animals inspectors at the Zuidlaren horse market and insufficient animal welfare conditions was covered by the Dutch TV show Hallo Nederland on Tijd voor Max. Scroll to minute 3:15 on this LINK.
- August 31, 2015: The Dutch consumer television show “RADAR” gives an update on the successful effect our horse-meat investigation has had (illustrating horrible suffering of horses during transport and slaughter on the American continents and the meat then exported to the Netherlands). Click HERE to watch it.
- December 22, 2014: Tros Radar, a popular consumer show in the Nethelrands with 2 million viewers, interviews Eyes on Animals about the latest news on EU import of horse meat- horse meat from Mexico will be banned! Click HERE to watch it.
- November 10, 2014: Tros Radar, a widely-watched Dutch TV show (2 million viewers), dedicates an item to the Eyes on Animals report on the way dairy is produced and better practices we want to show support for. Click HERE to watch it.
- September 23, 2014: On RTV Drenthe is a news clip about the Roder horse market. Eyes on Animals inspected this market and is interviewed at minute 6:15 in the clip. Click HERE to watch it.
- March 31, 2014: Tros Radar interviews Eyes on Animals on what steps Dutch retailers have taken since our release last week of the report on horse transport and slaughter in north, central and south America. Click HERE to watch it.
- March 24, 2014: Tros Radar, a popular consumer show in the Netherlands with 2 million viewers, interviews Eyes on Animals on how horses are transported and slaughtered in the American continents and their meat ending up in supermarkets and restaurants in Europe. Click HERE to watch it.
- November 19, 2012: click on Radar to watch a documentary about the serious welfare problems occuring during chicken transport. Wakker Dier is interviewed and gave the media images taken during Eyes on Animals inspections of chicken transports on the road.
- March 17, 2012: click on Europamagazin to watch a German documentary about our efforts to help animals being transported from the EU to Turkey.
- January 11, 2012: Eyes on Animals together with Animal Welfare Foundation and Compassion in World Farming, held a Press Conference in Brussels to draw attention to European and Turkish Media and industry to the horrible suffering of European animals being transported to Turkey.The list of TV clips and newspaper articles that covered this event is too long to insert onto this page, please CLICK HERE to view them.
- November 2011: click on Omroep Brabant to watch a news clip about our inspection at Hedel horse market, one of the largest horse markets in Europe.
- July 2011: Click on Uitgesproken on Nederland 2, to watch a 10-minute documentary about an Eyes on Animals/Animal Welfare Foundation/CIWF investigation of EU animal transport trucks trying to cross the border into Turkey. The temperatures were high, and many animals did not receive adequate space, water or feed despite being blocked for hours and even days at this border. On board one truck from a Dutch/German company, there were 2 unfit bulls that were forced to endure further transport and were not cared for properly by the drivers. Eyes on Animals inspectors are also interviewed in this show.
- April 2011: Click on Uitgesproken on Nederland 2, a Dutch news show to watch a documentary about an Eyes on Animals/Tierschutzbund Zurich investigation of a Dutch animal-transport truck in violation of the European regulations and an interview with the Eyes on Animals inspectors. To watch it with English subtitles, broadcasted by RNW, click here.
- July 2010: click on No Country for Animals on Global TV(Canada).
The documentary focuses on the animal welfare problems in Canada and on the hard efforts several Canadians are making to change things there. Eyes on Animals and our international taskforce members are accompanied by Canadian television where we show them what improvements in animal welfare have taken place in Europe and Lesley (originally Canadian) questions why Canada is still dragging so far behind. We visit a Dutch pig farmer that has switched from sow stalls to group-housing and stopped performing castration. We then visit a Dutch “pig whisperer” who teaches farmers to better understand the needs of their animals and at night we inspect livestock trucks together with an Italian veterinarian and police at the Italian/French border.
- September 2009: click on Gifkikkers on VARA (The Netherlands). Eyes on Animals inspectors are in the new Dutch television series “Gifkikkers”. The first episode was about Dutch livestock transport and showed Lesley and Tatjana training the “gifkikkers” on the animal protection legislation and after Tatjana on the road inspecting pigs on board long-distance Dutch livestock trucks passing through Germany.This program led to parliamentary questions being asked to the House of Representatives! Click here to read the questions (in Dutch). Click here to read the House of Representative’s replies.
- July 2009: Click on France 3 Sud news (France). Our inspections of livestock trucks in the summer heat on France 3 Sud (in French)- please be patient, it starts after about 15 seconds into the news….
- July 2009: Click on France 3 National News (France). The day after our inspections were broadcasted on the National French news!