- July 24, 2022: NPO1 Radio 1 interviews Frederieke Schouten, director of Varkens in Nood and veterinarian, about the abuses found by Eyes on Animals at pig slaughterhouse VION during the extremely hot days.
- July 05, 2021: Social Enterprise publishes a in the form of a podcast, an interview with Jaap Korteweg, founder of ever-popular Vegetarian Butcher company, recently sold to Unilver for millions of euros. At the end of the podcast he talks about Eyes on Animals.
- December 05, 2020: The popular Dutch radio program “Nieuwsweekend” from NPO Radio 1 interviews Eyes on Animals about the welfare of male-kids from the goat dairy industry.
- February 23, 2020: RTE radio Ireland discusses Eyes on Animals’ findings showing that the trade of unweaned calves from Ireland to Cherbourg, France and onwards is illegal because feeding intervals are not respected plus the decision The Netherlands, Austria and parts of Germany took to ban exports to non-EU countries requiring animals to rest for 24hrs at control-posts because these posts were only on paper but NGOs and some official vets proved they don’t even exist. Listen HERE.
- July 26, 2019: The national Dutch radio NOS joined Eyes on Animals on a tropically warm day to check on livestock trucks arriving at a Dutch slaughterhouse in 41 degree weather. Listen HERE.
- May 8, 2019: Newstalk, radio interview with Nicola Glenn from EonA about the treatment of unweaned calves on transport from Ireland to The Netherlands. Click HERE.
- February 14, 2019: RFI radio broadcasts a show with our director Lesley Moffat and Brigitte Gauthiere and Sebastien Arsac from L214 about the book that was published about our animal-welfare investigations. Click HERE.
- February 3, 2019: EonA inspector Madelaine Looije was interviewed by Studio040 Eindhoven (NL) about the recent barn fire in Biezenmortel that killed almost 3.000 pigs. Madelaine did a thesis on barn-fires. Modern air-scrubbers impose a huge risk – their ventilation ducts are highly flammable because of the buildup of dust and toxic gases. One spark can make the fire spread rapidly throughout the whole barn-complex.
- September 11, 2018: BBC radio broadcasts a show about the sad truth behind the transport of unwanted Scottish calves from dairy farms to countries far away, based on Eyes on Animals investigative work. Nicola from Eyes on Animals can also be heard on the show. Click HERE.
- September 10, 2018: InterFrance radio talked about the Eyes on Animals and CIWF France investigation this past summer, exposing the disturbing truth behind the trade of live cattle from France to Turkey. Listen HERE.
- August 19, 2017: The popular Dutch radio program “Newsshow” from NPO Radio 1 interviews Eyes on Animals about the huge barn fires in the Netherlands, the animal suffering they cause and the need for stricter fire prevention measures. Listen to the interview HERE.
- June 01, 2017: NOS radio news gave Eyes on Animals a chance to express our disapproval of the Dutch authorities again allowing the long-distance transport of unweaned calves under 2 months. Listen to the fragment starting at minute 36:20. Click HERE.
- February 23, 2017: RSI, a Swiss-Italian radio channel, interviews Iris Baumgaertner about the Eyes on Animals and TSB|AWF investigations and observations of animal-transports from Europe to Turkey and the on-going serious welfare problems that the EU and Member- States keeps ignoring. Click HERE.
- September 21, 2016: The Norwegian public radio channel P2 produced a 30-minute piece on their show EKKO about EU farm animal-welfare policies and legislation and the suffering many animals experience during transport. An interview with Eyes on Animals about our inspections with TSB|AWF of livestock exports from Europe to Turkey can be heard as of minute 15:10 into the show.
- August 28, 2016: The popular Dutch radio program Vroege Vogels joined an Eyes on Animals team to inspect Dutch pig trucks arriving at a slaughterhouse in Germany during the heat wave: HERE.
- August 26, 2016: The popular morning radio show De Ochtend interviewed Eyes on Animals and Henk Bleker about the new Dutch Transport protocol and how it is not yet effective at preventing heat-stress of animals during transport on hot days. Click HERE to listen.
- August 02, 2016: SP4, a Swedish national radio channel, discusses the horrible animal-suffering involved in the export route from the EU to Turkey that Eyes on Animals and TSB|AWF exposed. Click HERE.
- July 10, 2016: Vroege Vogels, a Sunday morning radio show that is very popular in The Netherlands, interviews Eyes on Animals and PiepVandaag about our inspections of EU farm animals being exported to Turkey by truck. Listen HERE.
- June 29, 2016: Ingrid Ramaan, horse-welfare inspector from Eyes on Animals was interviewed on Tynaarlo Lokaal radio about our concerns and efforts to improve the welfare of horses sold at the Zuidlaren horse market. Click HERE and scroll to minute 11:00.
- April 17, 2016: Lichtstad Live- a radio program on Studio040 Dutch radio, interviews Madelaine from Eyes on Animals about factory-farm fires and the urgent need for stricter codes also for “older” barns built prior to 2014. Currently, only barns built as of 2014 require extra fire prevention measures. Every year approximately 30 livestock factory-farms go up in flames in the Netherlands, with hundreds of thousands of animals suffering and dying in a horrendous manner. (only available in Dutch)
- February 27, 2016: The five-years- document van Eyes on Animals en TSB|AWF about the abuses during export of European animals to Turkey was discussed elaborately at Bulgarian radio station ’BNR Horizon’.
- February 22, 2016: The Polish radio channel TOK.FM dedicated airtime to discuss the animal-welfare problems and violations documented by Eyes on Animals and TSB|AWF on the route from Europe to Turkey. Polish livestock transport companies are heavily involved in this export route and have caused serious animal suffering. Listen to the radio program.
- August 20,3013: A short interview with Eyes on Animals on BNR radio station about the Netherlands plans to possibly start transporting calves to Turkey. Click here to listen (only in Dutch).
- April 5, 2013: An interview with EonA inspector on Radio Omroep Tilburg about the importance for livestock trucks to provide access to the animals during transport and about our meeting with the Dutch authorities on the need for more stringent controls of this. Click here to listen to it.
- November 2011: EonA inspector being interviewed on Radio Magnifique about our most recent investigation of livestock trucks and lobby work at the Bulgarian/Turkish border. Click here to listen (only in Dutch).
- November 2010: EonA inspector being interviewed on Radio Magnifique (Dutch radio station) about our inspection of Europe’s largest horse market in Hedel, the Netherlands. On this market 2 ponies had to be euthanized and many traders handled the equine roughly and in violation to the animal-protection law.Click here to listen to the radio interview.
- August 2010: EonA inspector being interviewed on Radio Magnifique (Dutch radio station) about their inspections of livestock transports and the recent case of 300 piglets suffocating to death on their way to Spain. Click here for part I and click here for part II.
- July 2009: EonA/PMAF and the gendarmes conduct an inspection of a Spanish truck with dehydrated Romanian calves on board. Click here to listen to the radio clip on France Bleue radio station.