The current ever-growing animal-agriculture industry has a very damaging impact on our planet. Over the years, that impact has become so great that our planet is at risk of perishing. Not only its effect on climate change, land use and water use is negative, the “livestock” industry has caused the extinction of flora and fauna. In this section you can find information about the environment and the effect our consumption of dairy and meat has on it.
- 2021-11-18 The Globe and Mail: Our planet’s atmosphere is changing, and we caused it
- 2021-10-22: The Sunday Times publishes an article that microplastics have been found in the blood of cows and pigs.
- 2021-02-20 Scientific American: How Does Meat in the Diet Take an Environmental Toll?
- 2020-05-21 The Guardian: Huge reduction in meat-eating ‘essential’ to avoid climate breakdown
- 2020-05-21 The Guardian: Italian team covers glacier with giant white sheets to slow melting
- 2020-01-16 National Geographic: Eating meat has ‘dire’ consequences for the planet